- Record from Webcam
- Browse Videos
- Strobe Player
- JwPlayer integration
- JPG Snapshots
- Video files browser
- HTML5 video conversion for mobile playback
- HTML5 fallback camera upload for mobile
- Write text over video (hard coded)
The php edition for the webcam video recorder site plugin is the easiest to setup and integrate with any php script or cms.
iPhone / iPad Playback Support:
If conversion is possible with hosting software (ffmpeg) a video variant for iOS is generated (when recording or later on access when support is available).
When iPhone/iPad/Android users try to watch a video, the device is automatically detected and HTML5 player shows up instead of flash players. HTML5 version can also be accessed with a link from computers with flash support.
Find on this page:
Simple php edition setup: Video Recorder Demo
- Publish on a recording channel (you can specify a name or a ChannelYYY name will be automatically generated)
- Allow access to your webcam and select the camera/audio source if you have multiple on your system.
- Click the record button to start and stop to end video recording
- Preview the video played on the right panel, use replay button if needed
and decide to click on save button to accept or discard to try again
- Use Recordings Browser to watch videos by RTMP or Video File Browser to watch by HTTP/RTMP and download.
For a more advanced implementation test the WordPress Video Posts Webcam Recorder plugin in combination with Video Share VOD plugin : Video Share VOD - Script Demo .
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
HTML5 playback support requires ffmpeg (to generate html5 mp4), ffmpeg2theora (to generate ogv) with codecs h264, speex, aac and web, rtmp to be hosted on same server (same file system) for web scripts to access rtmp video files. Writing text over videos requires freetype support in ffmpeg.
- If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for details about setting up the rtmp server side for this application.
If using wowza media server make sure you're using an application with Stream Type "record" (use videowhisper-recorder application as default).
- Download archive, unzip and copy contents of recorder_php to your web installation location. (Example: www.yoursite.com/recorder/)
- Fill your RTMP path into settings.php .
Also configure addresses of videos on your server (where rtmp server saves videos) and review options.