- Joomla Component (configurable)
- Users can record webcam videos
- Browse videos (sort, search, filter)
- Import videos (archived streams)
- Export to JomSocial, HWD Video Share, ALL Video Share
JW Player, Flow Player, HTML5 video
- iPhone, iPad playback with HTML5 (conversion required)
- Supports Joomla
The VideoWhisper Video Recorder component can easily be used to add webcam recorded videos and archived streams to Joomla sites.
The component is developed using MVC (model view controller) for Joomla and same extensions work on Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5. There's a special component for Joomla 3.x and higher.
Joomla is an award-winning member and content management system (CMS), which enables you to build web sites and powerful online applications. Joomla is free and open source, easy to install and supports many ready made add ons to extend its functionality (e-commerce, e-learning, inventory, reporting, bridges to other applications).
Find on this page:
You can test it on these live sites
- Cam Presence
- Cam Communicator
- Video Chat Software
Register an account to test video recording and use left menus to record and browse videos.
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all videowhisper application requirements.
Special requirements for this edition:
For conversions and multiple integrations, rtmp server must be on same physical server as web server so scripts can access the recordings. We recommend Wowza hosting.
- For conversions web hosting requires ffmpeg (with h264,
faac, speex codecs) to generate mp4 for iphone/ipad and ffmpeg2theora for ogv needed for HTML5 playback in certain browsers.
- If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details.
- Install the component zip from Extensions > Install/Uninstall in joomla administrator interface.
- From joomla administrator interface fill in component parameters from Components > VideoWhisper Video Recordings.
Make sure you update these depending on your rtmp setup (some suggestive form samples provided):
+ RTMP path: rtmp://your-site.com/videowhisper-record
+ Streams URL : http://your-site.com/streams
+ Path to recordings: /home/your-account/public_html/streams/
+ Relative Streams URL: streams/
+ Import RTMP path: rtmp://your-site.com/videowhisper-archive
+ Import Path: /home/your-account/public_html/streams/
We send you these settings if you host with us.
- Add new menu items, as needed:
+ Browse Videos
+ Record a Video
+ Import Videos
- You can install and use multiple VideoWhisper communication components on same website.
- Disable/configure any SEO/ad injection components to avoid altering output and urls for these components. Changing links or adding extra content to component output will usually cause flash application parameter errors.