VideoWhisper Video Consultation component for Joomla provides an advanced interface for creating and managing consultation rooms.
Rooms can be created, edited, deleted with multiple options, including resolution and framerate, bandwidth, usage limitations like credits that can be assigned for custom durations (daily, monthly).
This could be used for setting up paid services (offer video consultation rooms to trainers, doctors, lawyers, financial advisers, teachers, communities).
Includes JomSocial groups support for setting user permissions.
- Create Room (select from templates defined in backend)
- Manage Rooms
For each room:
- Edit room settings and permissions
- Delete Files: delete all room files (from uploads/room folder), displays total size of files (ex: Delete Files (0.5Mb) )
- Browse Logs: a view that lists all logs files and allows opening, deleting each one
Here is a list of settings that can be configured for each room:
- Welcome Message:
- Background (URL)
- Public (Listed)
- room snapshot field where user can fill an image url
- Joomla category
- Frames Per Second (FPS):
- Maximum Bandwidth:
- RTMP Application Address Leave blank to use default (if defined in parameters). Must be a RTMP address pointing to the VideoWhisper RTMP application installed on a RTMP server.
- Capacity Maximum number of participants allowed in room.
- Expiration (days): Life of room in days (since creation date). Leave 0 for no expiration.
- Cleanup (hours): Room cleanup (deletion) if not used for that amount of hours. Leave 0 for no cleanup.
- Credits (minutes): Usage will add up for each user (meaning 10 users for 5 minutes of consultation will require 50 streaming minutes). Leave 0 for unlimited usage.
- Credits Reset (days): Specify when used credits are reset. Set 1 for daily, 7 for weekly, 30 monthly, 365 yearly. Leave 0 to count lifetime usage.
- Owner Room owner username.
- Allow Visitors Allow guests (not registered and logged in users) to enter.
- Moderators Are allowed to set speakers and inquirers, close public videos, kick users, change background (from uploaded pictures).
- View Credit Info View credit usage statistics realtime.
- Change Presentation Server Are allowed to set external streaming settings.
- Publish Webcam Are allowed to publish webcam. Speaker and inquirer webcams are automatically published if needed.
- Watch Webcams Are allowed to watch any published webcam in the list. Opens as new video panel.
- Files Panel Are allowed to view files panel and download files.
- Files Upload Are allowed to upload files.
- Files Delete Are allowed to delete files.
- Participants Panel Are allowed to view participants panel, change their status.
- Private Chat Are allowed to initiate private chat sessions, block and unblock private messaging from certain users.
- Chat Panel Are allowed to view chat panel.
Set user groups as comma separated joomla user roles, usernames, or use these wider groups:
Admins: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager. Also includes owner.
Members: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager, Publisher, Editor, Author, Registered.
All: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager, Publisher, Editor, Author, Registered, Guest.
None: feature disabled for all categories.
Global Limitations Per User
When defining template, from component backend, webmaster can also specify how many rooms of that type can users create and total credits that can be used in all these rooms per month (0 = unlimited)
Room usage can be limited to a number of credits per time interval (ex. month).
Credits can be consumed as time or bandwidth depending on room setting: Credits Mode: Time / Bandwidth (2 options to calculate credits in: Minutes / Mb)
Time Credits Mode
for each user consumes 1 credit per minute multiplied by streams per user multiplier
Bandwidth credits mode
- displays (in admin room list) bandwidth per minute per stream for each room based on streaming settings (maxCamBandwidth in bytes/s) + sound settings http://askmeflash.com/article/2/speex-vs-nellymoser (kbps, divide by 8 to get kb/s)
- room setting: Maximum Bandwidth Capacity: 10 (Mbps, divide by 8 to obtain Mb/s)
+ Calculates and displays maximum room capacity based on bandwidth. Each user will require a multiplier of stream bandwidth configurable in component settings: Streams per user bandwidht multiplier.
Leaving 0 will user default for that application type. For Consultation will calculate as 1 (main) + number of custom public video panels for each room .
+ At runtime min(room capacity, bandwidth room capacity) is used as room_limit