Video Consultation component and module for Joomla allows easy setup of the VideoWhisper Video Consultation software, backend configuration and creation of video presentation rooms from backend and frontend.
Joomla Video Conference integration:
+ Joomla Component and Module (configurable)
+ Users can create and manage rooms
+ Admins can also manage room setup templates
+ Configure access , permissions and settings per room
+ Rooms list and management links with module
+ Supports JomSocial groups
+ Supports Joomla
This provides live web based video conferencing, chat, live shared slideshows and file exchange features with advanced realtime moderation designed for video seminars, internet based live trainings and e-learning, online collaboration.
You can test it on these live sites:
- Cam Communicator (Joomla 2.5+)
- Video Chat Software (Joomla 1.5)
Register an account to test it with high quality settings, create your own rooms or test as visitor with normal quality.
The component is developed using MVC (model view controller) for Joomla and same extensions work on Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5.
Joomla is an award-winning member and content management system (CMS), which enables you to build web sites and powerful online applications. Joomla is free and open source, easy to install and supports many ready made add ons to extend its functionality (e-commerce, e-learning, inventory, reporting, bridges to other applications).
Also supports JomSocial groups if component is available.
Joomla integration features:
Backend Features: Setup parameters, create and manage all rooms (including permissions) and room templates.
Front End Features: List latest public rooms & user's rooms, create room (from template), manage settings for own rooms.
Before installing, make sure your hosting environment meets all requirements.
1. If you're not hosting RTMP with us go to RTMP Application Setup for installation details.
2. Install the component and module zips from Extensions > Install/Uninstall in joomla administrator interface.
3. From joomla administrator interface fill rtmp path in component parameters from Components > VideoWhisper.com Video Consultation. This usually has this form: rtmp://your-rtmp-host.com/videowhisper . We send you this setting if you host with us.
4. Enable the module from Extensions > Modules (joomla administrator interface) if you want to list public video consultation rooms on your site.
Module also shows interface to allow frontend users to create and manage rooms.
In Joomla 1.6-1.7+ you should configure these to show module on standard templates: Status: Published, Position: position-7 (usually left column),
: On all Pages, then [Save&Close].
+ You can install and use multiple VideoWhisper communication components on same website.
Disable/configure any SEO/ad injection components to not alter these components and modules. Changing links or adding extra content to component output will usually cause flash application parameter errors.
+ Joomla menus for application are not available because room links are dynamic (based on room name). Room links must be used and displayed with the module or exact static links listed for each room in the component.
This joomla integration component is provided with full php source code under GPL. This basically means you can use, tweak, distribute the component php files as you wish. Contact us if you have interesting tweaks for this or derived components and want to share these with the world.
- Edit all graphics (including logo, panel skins, buttons) in components/com_videowhisper_consultation/templates/consultation .
- Edit chat page in components/com_videowhisper_consultation/views/vw/tmpl/default.php .
- Edit logout page in components/com_videowhisper_consultation/views/logout/tmpl/default.php .
Details, Forums, Downloads
VideoWhisper Video Consultation component for Joomla provides an advanced interface for creating and managing consultation rooms.
Rooms can be created, edited, deleted with multiple options, including resolution and framerate, bandwidth, usage limitations like credits that can be assigned for custom durations (daily, monthly).
This could be used for setting up paid services (offer video consultation rooms to trainers, doctors, lawyers, financial advisers, teachers, communities).
Includes JomSocial groups support for setting user permissions.
Here is a list of settings that can be configured for each room:
- Welcome Message:
- Background (URL)
- Public (Listed)
- Frames Per Second (FPS):
- Maximum Bandwidth:
- RTMP Application Address Leave blank to use default (if defined in parameters). Must be a RTMP address pointing to the VideoWhisper RTMP application installed on a RTMP server.
- Capacity Maximum number of participants allowed in room.
- Expiration (days): Life of room in days (since creation date). Leave 0 for no expiration.
- Cleanup (hours): Room cleanup (deletion) if not used for that amount of hours. Leave 0 for no cleanup.
- Credits (minutes): Usage will add up for each user (meaning 10 users for 5 minutes of consultation will require 50 streaming minutes). Leave 0 for unlimited usage.
- Credits Reset (days): Specify when used credits are reset. Set 1 for daily, 7 for weekly, 30 monthly, 365 yearly. Leave 0 to count lifetime usage.
- Owner Room owner username.
- Allow Visitors Allow guests (not registered and logged in users) to enter.
- Moderators Are allowed to set speakers and inquirers, close public videos, kick users, change background (from uploaded pictures).
- View Credit Info View credit usage statistics realtime.
- Change Presentation Server Are allowed to set external streaming settings.
- Publish Webcam Are allowed to publish webcam. Speaker and inquirer webcams are automatically published if needed.
- Watch Webcams Are allowed to watch any published webcam in the list. Opens as new video panel.
- Files Panel Are allowed to view files panel and download files.
- Files Upload Are allowed to upload files.
- Files Delete Are allowed to delete files.
- Participants Panel Are allowed to view participants panel, change their status.
- Private Chat Are allowed to initiate private chat sessions, block and unblock private messaging from certain users.
- Chat Panel Are allowed to view chat panel.
Set user groups as comma separated joomla user roles, usernames, or use these wider groups:
Admins: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager. Also includes owner.
Members: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager, Publisher, Editor, Author, Registered.
All: Super Administrator, Administrator, Manager, Publisher, Editor, Author, Registered, Guest.
None: feature disabled for all categories.